Yes. CHESS is a Christian Homeschool ministry and as such members are required to agree and adhere to the Statement of Faith. The Statement of Faith can be viewed and/or downloaded in pdf format here.
1) Download and complete the CHESS registration forms including signing the CHESS Statement of Faith. Mail cash or a money order in the amount of $20 to:
PO Box 10272
Killeen, Texas 76547
2) Register and pay online here. Please note there is an additional $2 service fee. Once your online submission has been received, a board member will contact you with further information to get you plugged in to CHESS. Specific details regarding co-op policies and requirements will be provided via email or our private Facebook group.
3) You may also register and pay in-person at the Fall Kickoff Bash. This year’s Kickoff Bash will be held on August 18, 2017 from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Copperas Cove, 300 W. Ave B, Copperas Cove, TX 76522.
As a member of CHESS there are a number of ways to stay informed. You will gain access to our private Facebook group, our Yahoo email group, and our monthly newsletter. Additionally, you may check out the website’s Events Calendar and (public) Facebook page. At the beginning of each new school year, CHESS hosts a Kickoff Bash where you can find out about upcoming events as well as additional community organizations and resources available in the surrounding area.
In order to participate in the Killeen and/or Copperas Cove Co-op, you must be a member of CHESS.
Membership in CHESS entitles homeschooling families to participate in the following activities:
- Killeen Co-op and/or Copperas Cove Co-op
- Mom’s Night Out
- Field Trips
- Park Days
- Holiday Parties
- Used Curriculum Sales
- CHESS Talent Show
- CHESS End of Year Bash
- CHESS Senior Graduation Ceremony
- Access to our private Facebook Group and Yahoo Group Mail
CHESS membership is an annual $22 ($20 +$2 online processing fee). This $22 membership fee is paid each year per family.
Within CHESS, there are two co-ops: Killeen and Copperas Cove
Any CHESS member can join one or both co-ops.
To participate in Killeen co-op it is $30 per family, per session
To participate in Copperas Cove co-op it is $30 per family, per session
For example: If a person chooses to participate in the 2018 spring session of both Copperas Cove and Killeen co-op, the registration fee for participation in both co-ops would be $60.
Please note: There may be additional class fees for specific, individual classes set by the teacher. These fees are based on supply needs for the class.
CHESS has two co-ops:
The Killeen Co-op meets at
Grace Bible Church
1203 Winkler Ave.
Killeen, TX 76542
on Thursday afternoons from 12:00 p.m -3:00 p.m.
The Copperas Cove Co-op meets at
Cove Church of the Nazarene
964 W Hwy 190,
Copperas Cove, TX 76522
on Friday mornings from 8:30a.m.-12:30p.m.
Both co-ops meet in the fall and the spring for 8-week sessions. Start and end dates for co-op sessions are determined by the co-op boards each year. Registration for Copperas Cove Co-op‘s Spring Session will be held on Friday, January 12, 2018 from 10 a.m.- 12 p.m at Cove Church of the Nazarene (See above for address). The Copperas Cove Spring Co-op session will start on Friday, January 19, 2018 and end on March 9, 2018.
Registration for the Killeen Co-op will be held at Grace Bible Church on Thursday, January 11, 2018 from 12:00 p.m – 2:00 p.m. The Killeen Co-op Spring session will begin on January 18, 2018 and end March 9, 2018. Classes change with each session. The current class offerings are available here for Copperas Cove Co-op and here for Killeen Co-op. These course listings are updated as information becomes available.
Classes are taught by parent volunteers. Parent involvement, either in teaching or assisting in classes is required. Fees are only collected to cover general supplies, materials fees based on specific class requirements, and to provide a love offering to the churches hosting the co-op. Co-op registration is a flat fee of $30.